- The Transition Tool Kit was designed to serve as a guide to assist families of individuals between the ages of 14 and 22 on the journey from adolescence to adulthood. The kit contains information on topics like self-advocacy, community living, postsecondary education, legal matters and more.
- The Community-based Skills Assessment, developed through a contract with Virginia Commonwealth University’s Rehabilitation Research and Training Center, is a tool to help parents and professionals assess the current skill levels and abilities of individuals with autism beginning at age 12 and continuing into adulthood in order to develop a comprehensive personalized transition plan.
- The Postsecondary Educational Opportunities Guide helps young adults and their families explore the various opportunities and learning environments available after leaving high school. This tool kit offers the best possible resources on the topic of postsecondary education to help families explore all of the various options available.
- The Housing and Residential Supports Tool Kit was developed to assist individuals and families as they identify and secure appropriate residential supports and services by providing an overview of housing options and tools to help access these services.
- The Employment Tool Kit provides young adults and adults with autism with tips and tools to help them research, find and keep employment in the current competitive labor market.
- Autism Speaks is committed to increasing services and expanding opportunities for the rapidly growing population of young adults and adults with autism. To that end, we have launched a Housing and Community Living initiative to increase access to housing and residential services of adults with autism by reducing HCBS waiver wait lists and improving housing vouchers, and to expand the capacity of service providers who care for them. You can read more about our HCL initiative HERE and sign up to join this initiativeHERE.