Monday, October 29, 2007

In Search of Balance!

As a single mom there is little time for me and I am learning that there has to be time for me. I have to find this time without feeling guilty so I keep telling myself "If you don't take care of you, no one will be here to take care of them". There has to be time for my daughter and Nicky cannot always be the one getting all the attention. Right now he get's all the attention because I am always worried about him. I tell my daughter that I'm sorry Nicky needs so much, but this is the hand we were dealt and she knows we can't leave him alone. That's just how it is.

At the same time I don't want her to grow up thinking that she is not important, that men are to be taken care of. I can't teach her this unless I live it...ohhhhhh. This is easier said than done, but I know I have to do it.
Time is teaching me that I cannot trade one life for two (mine and my daughters). I have to find balance and the best route to that for me is consistency.

Note to myself and others....
  • We can all find time somewhere. I started with a bath every night ( a major event). Then I began making it a priority to walk or run 5 mornings a week.
  • I am not helping my children when I don't take care of myself!
  • I've have to give up ALL of my martyr tendencies...or die of exhaustion and frustraton
  • I'm in for this for life so I can't burn myself out with stress now

No comments:

Post a Comment