Thursday, July 15, 2010

Emotional time warp.

I'm dating and as I brave new waters it's as if I was in a relationship coma, now I'm awake and I'm picking up with no more dating knowledge than I had 20 years ago when I got married. Kinda an emotional time warp.

All of my life I have struggled with setting boundaries in relationships and I didn't even know it was a problem! Last night a light bulb went off and it hit me that not being raised by a father, I had no idea what appropriate boundaries looked like, much less how to enforce them. If I understood boundaries, and was comfortable with them, I don't think I would not chosen the men I have chosen or married my ex husband. At the very least I would not have stayed married so long.

Funny so many years have passed, I've learned so much, yet I still know so little. This new realization should be useful! Lord help me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment