Seems there is no escaping our lack of uniqueness.
I'm a single mom, and a small business owner. I have a son with Autism and together we take all the categories. It's like a sweep at the Oscars, we win it all. LOL
Gee it's the first time I know of, that winning in all categories simply sucks.
- 80% of the ASD Population are Boys - That's us
- 20% of the ASD Population are Girls - Wow, not us.
- 86% of parents of children with ASD are divorced - That's us
- 33% of children with ASD have gastrointestional problems - That's us
- 25% of children with ASD have siezure disorders - That's us
- 57% of children with ASD have sleep disorders - That's us
- Children from minority families have the greatest difficulties getting services - That's us
- African american children with ASD are most likely to get late diagnosis- That's us
- African Americans with ASD are the most likey to have negative interactions with police - Whew...not us yet!