Thursday, January 5, 2012

Inclusion Films opens doors in Hollywood

Several years ago I sat amazed, excited and encouraged as I watched Nicky and other children tackle acting class ASD style. I enjoyed a special kinship with the other parents - who with me - were stepping out of the recognized autism treatment box and I felt nothing but appreciation for Joey Travolta and others who lead the program “Actors for Autism”. Sadly the program Nick participated in shut down, but I knew Joey's dream would keep him going and it did. Last week this article appeared in the entertainment section of the LA Times.  I'm so excited I just had to share and spread the word. Go Joey!!!!

On Location: Inclusion Films opens doors in Hollywood

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/12/on-location-inclusion-films-opens-doors-in-hollywood.html

3 comments:

  1. Heard someone say recently, "These are some of the brightest kids in the world." Thank goodness someone not only recognizes that fact but acts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We
    are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in
    the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on.
    You have done a wonderful job!

    My webpage ... Some concealed details of man boobs

    ReplyDelete