Friday, May 25, 2012

An 8 Year Old Blind, Autistic Boy Came Across a Street Performer


This video reminded me of a day when Nicky heard a man on the street play the saxophone. He just stopped, and began rocking to the music. I, being no where near as enlightened as Nicky wanted to keep moving. I was uncomfortable, I didn't feel safe.  The man looked homeless and the street corner was less than desirable. Then I heard Nicky say "Saxophone", a word he had never said before, in a happy excited tone. So for several minutes we just stood there, Nick enjoying the music and me appreciating Nick's language and how it had been inspired by a stranger on a street corner that would of gone un noticed by me. It was one of those days when it was so clear to me that our kids are better people than most of us, I was ashamed. I got over it, but I never forgot.     


This is a wonderful video enjoy

An 8 Year Old Blind, Autistic Boy Came Across a Street Performer
What happens next is beautiful.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e48_1337585880

No comments:

Post a Comment