Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Autism America the Official Radio Show of Autism Speaks

My thanks to Matt Asner for inviting me to sit in and co- host  the "Autism American Radio" program - the official radio station for Autism Speaks. When I agreed to sit in, I thought I would be the one sharing information, but I walked away knowing that I had received far more than I had given. The great moments included my listening to a regular caller - on the spectrum- who called to add his perspective on current events, and how frequently news stories focus is on "Boys" diagnosed with autism - and ignore the important issues facing the female ASD population. I was introduced to the people at Trumpet Behavioral Health who offer a free evaluation - to anyone - of your current health care plan to determine what ASD services are offered and more.  On the flip side I also learned about a prestigious school  for our children, accused of the equivalent of using torture to teach the consequences of negative behaviors. Bottom line, I'll be researching the good, the bad and the ugly to learn more about the topics we discussed.  I'll keep you posted!

If you want to listen to the program and learn what "Autism Radio"is all about visit: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/autismspeaks/2012/07/23/autism-america-radio-72112

No comments:

Post a Comment