Monday, March 17, 2014

News Alert: Knowledge about ASD Grows by Leaps and Bounds

Knowledge about ASD Grows by Leaps and Bounds

Before.....
“Progress is good. I am grateful for all of it. I just wish I could know something will happen in time to help Nicky.  I dream of a Nick complete 
with the wonders of his autism that make him unique; his humor, his honesty his total inability to hold 
grudge or harbor bad feelings for anyone or anything, 
less the major challenges that make so much of life unavailable to him. That’s what I want to see!  
I pray it will happen in our lifetime. 
I pray it will happen in yours”
Donna




Knowledge about ASD Grows by Leaps and BoundsResearch on autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is still in its infancy, but scientific knowledge  is documented as growing in leaps and bounds.

The Harvard Review of Psychiatry published summaries on Tuesday of the most recent findings in ASD research. The journal contains six articles, all of which review the latest studies from the past few years. While the reviews are for professional use by clinicians who work with patients, they offer a glimpse into the state of autism studies today, and cover issues like genetics, medication and how people on the autism spectrum should prepare for college. The articles will all be available on the Harvard Review of Psychiatry website and I’ll make it easy by posting them one day at a time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment