Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Surviving COVID -19 As Families and Communities

COVID - 19 - Finding gratitude in the moment! We are living in interesting aka frightening times for sure. As a single mom, business owner & parent of a school age special needs child there is not a single layer of my world not impacted by this virus. The negative financial impact is intense; income is down, savings have been wiped out and costs have gone up creating a challenge that could take years to recover from. Yet, I find myself unable to ignore the blessings which leaves me filled with more gratitude than grief. I am so grateful knowing if as a society we get this right and people stay home, we will never know how bad this could have been, instead we will wonder if all of this was really necessary. I am so grateful my family is healthy, we have food clothing and shelter, our communities are cooperating with one another, reminding everyone that we are bigger than our politics. I am grateful we have running water, toilet paper, food and paper towels, there are fewer cars on the street which means fewer accidents and cleaner air for now, for friends who have been too busy to visit have called or stopped by.
I got to stay home with my kids relaxing & enjoying one another without the usual list of things to do and places to go. 

Life...Turning Lemons into Lemonade...again!

No comments:

Post a Comment