Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Day In The Life of a Single Mom, a Teenage Daughter, a Son With Autism and One Income

I had a friend tell me that I should really write about my life, my days. Not the ancient history of my mom and dad and growing up but about today. The crazy day to day events that would be hard for many to comprehend. Raising a son with a severe disability that we know little about, autism. Raising a daughter with a condition we all know much about "being a teenager". Lastly, raising them alone while running a business to support us, being a sister, a friend and maybe even one day, a wife again.

So often people say to me "I don't know how you do it" and I say "I don't know how I would'nt do it all". Humans can do amazing things and each of us gets that opportunity. Maybe this is mine. So, my hope is that my stories will help other's learn from my journey.

 In these pages I hope to share something useful to you, albeit about autism, teenage daughters, gratitude, survival, friendships, the education system, singlemomness or yourself. I also hope you will be reminded of what we can do if we find ourselves, faced with the opportunity and going it alone.

None of us signed up to be Self Cleaning Ovens, but we can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment