Friday, October 19, 2007

Somedays I feel like nobody cares - which isn't true

Really rough Nicky day - not his health – he is in the other room working now.  

Its me dealing with one of the agencies’s that support him and it seems we are always locking horns over something. Imagine dealing with your health insurance company everyday and they talk @$#@#@#@#@#*! and you try to understand their perspective and thier limitations and be reasonable - because you really have no choice - because your child needs them. 

But in the meantime...your child is not getting what is best for him and the clock is ticking. That window when his brain is most able to learn is closing. It seems that instead of looking at the issue - how to best help the child - rules, policies, and indifference keep creating road blocks. People freeze, find excuses, minimize the problem, blame me, Nicky, other systems, blah blah blah. 

Just because no one wants to be responsible, no one wants to be the one who dropped the ball, or maybe sometimes nobody can fix the problem. 

I get that...but WHY DOESN'T IT JUST DONG ON PEOPLE --- IF YOU TREAT MY SON LIKE YOU WOULD TREAT YOUR OWN CHILD, AND IF YOU TREAT ME LIKE YOU WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED, I MAY NOT BE HAPPY BUT I WILL CALM DOWN. I MAY CONTINUE TO HATE THE SITUATION BUT I WON'T HAVE THE ADDITIONAL PROBLEM OF FEELING LIKE I HAVE AN ENEMY.

No comments:

Post a Comment