Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tiny Bubbles

Today I was writing the date and thinking "What is today? This date is something.It's not 9/11? What is it?" Then it hit me.  My 20th wedding anniversary, a date I had ignored for the past 4 years.  My eyes filled with tears, and my daughter who was sitting next to me said "I'm sorry Mommy".  I said "Thanks, me too".

Seems my body holds little un-burst bubbles of sadness that have been dispersed during the course of my life time. These bubbles hide in corners waiting for a trigger, a moment, a memory and then they POP filling me with waves of unexpected emotions. It feels like I'm right there reliving a pain of  the past.

But it's really not the same. I'm really not reliving the pain, I am just continuing to release it.

1 comment:

  1. I love your way of always turning around the moment. Thank you for your insights.

    ReplyDelete