Sunday, June 19, 2011

Anxiety Disorder! Me not Nicky

Stress always goes somewhere...we just never know where and I still can't believe I've become a teeth grinding jaw clincher. It began when I started having nightmares that we were the targets of a home evasion robbery. Every night I would have a dream where burglars were trying to break in or they did break in. In every dream I was fighting to get the kids, fighting to keep us safe.  Sometime they cut they phone lines, and we were just sitting ducks waiting for their next move.  Sometimes they just slammed in through windows or doors. Either way my sleep stopped being a peaceful place and at some point in  I started clinching my jaw and grinding my teeth.  I'd wake up in the morning feel anxious and my jaw felt strained.  At first I thought it was my imagination, just part of my dream, until I visited the dentist.  Wake up call came 1st by way of confirmation that I had been sawing down my teeth and 2nd with the news, the needed mouth guard would cost $500!  I opted to first try the $29.00 drug store, mold it yourself guard and it's been great!

PS: He's the interpretation I found for my dream which started when my husband left the country and I became a single parent. Pretty right on.
Robbery 
To dream that you have been robbed, indicates that you are experiencing an identity crisis or are suffering from some sort of loss in your life. Alternatively, the dream means that someone has stolen your success or has taken credit for something you did. Perhaps you feel that you have been treated unfairly.

1 comment:

  1. Well you are not alone with the anxiety sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have TMJ too which is giving me headaches. ( guess I should pick up a mouth guard.) And the worst is that I wake up in the morning with a sense of total panic. Takes about an hour to calm down.

    ReplyDelete