Thursday, January 17, 2013

'Dear Abby' advice columnist, Pauline Friedman Phillips, dies at 94


PAULINE Friedman Phillips, who under the name of Abigail Van Buren, wrote the long-running "Dear Abby" advice column followed by millions of newspaper readers, has died. She was 94.

Publicist Gene Willis of Universal Uclick said Phillips died on Wednesday after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease.

As a teenager in high school I carried one of her columns in my wallet about "Girls that do and girls that don't". It was my anthem and I was proud of it! I flashed out over and over again because it helped me do what I probably would not have been able to do for myself at that time; be brave enough to have an opinion and stand up for myself. 




Read more: http://www.news.com.au/news/dear-abby-advice-columnist-pauline-friedman-phillips-dies-at-94/story-fnejlvvj-1226556558549#ixzz2IHs6wBOW

No comments:

Post a Comment