Thursday, January 10, 2013
News Alert: Reductions to Regional Center Budget
A kinder gentler California. For the first time in a decade CA Regional Centers will not see a budget reduction! I know it's not enough to meet the comprehensive needs of California's ASD population, and I know given the severity of California's budget crisis and relentless reductions over the years - that I feared would never end - this is good news.
CDCAN DISABILITY RIGHTS REPORT California Budget Crisis – Breaking News:
NO NEW CUTS PROPOSED IN DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES BUDGET – 1.25% PAYMENT REDUCTION FOR REGIONAL CENTER OPERATIONS AND PROVIDERS WILL SUNSET AS SCHEDULED JUNE 30, 2013
SACRAMENTO, CA (CDCAN) [Last updated 01/10/2013 10:02 AM] – After more than a decade of on-going major reductions, Governor Jerry Brown’s proposed 2013-2014 State Budget will not call for any new reductions to the developmental services budget that funds programs and services for over 260,000 children and adults with developmental disabilities.
The Governor’s proposed budget, released this morning, assumes that the existing 1.25% payment reduction to both regional center operations and most regional center providers will end, as scheduled, on June 30, 2013.
CDCAN will report within the hour details of the Governor’s other proposals impacting people with disabilities, mental health needs, seniors including Medi-Cal, In-Home Supportive Services and other programs.
3PM CONFERENCE CALL ON STATE BUDGET WITH CALIFORNIA HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES SECRETARY DIANA DOOLEY
· As previously reported yesterday, Governor Brown’s top health and human services official will host a statewide conference call on the Governor’s proposed 2013-2014 State Budget plan, this afternoon (January 10th) at 3:00 PM (Pacific Time).
· The call is open to the public.
· In previous such calls, there was time allocated for brief questions from the public. Instructions on how and when to ask questions will be announced during the call.
· California Health and Human Services Agency Secretary Dooley oversees all the health and human services departments including those dealing with Medi-Cal, senior services, health facilities, developmental services, CalWORKS, mental health, licensing of various health and community facilities and workers.
· Dooley will also have on hand during the conference call department directors and other senior department officials – including those dealing with Medi-Cal, developmental services, public health, CalWORKS, In-Home Supportive Services, to provide information
CONFERENCE CALL INFORMATION
WHEN: January 10, 2013 – Thursday
TIME: 3:00 PM (agency officials advise, given the expected large numbers, that people call in 10 minutes – 2:50 PM – to register with the conference call operator in order to be placed into the conference call in time)
TOLL FREE CONFERENCE CALL NUMBER: (800) 857-9660
PASSCODE: CHHS Budget
Sign up for these free reports by going to the CDCAN website. Website: www.cdcan.us
To reply to THIS Report write: