Friday, October 19, 2007

Coping: Realities of Providing Care 24/7

Today is one of those days - sometimes I just get tired of fighting and I don't know where the energy will come from to do it again. 

In these moments I feel weary because I feel that this is not just today, but it’s been the past 7 years and it will be forever.

At the same time I know I will do what has to be done and I know it will all get worked out. I'll sit in a room with 5 other adults with agenda's... all over the place and somehow after all the battles they will do what they were supposed to do in the first place.

I’m just tired and I wish people didn’t make it so hard. I want someone to hold me and tell me “It’s gonna be Okay” or take the next battle for me or even tell me "I get it".  And I remember this...because I need hope.

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
 "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give
 you hope and a future….”  Jeremiah 29:11-12

Note to myself and others...
remember to breath, this too shall pass. Find a way to hug yourself, if there's no one else who can.

No comments:

Post a Comment